July 30, 2013

Blogfast - Morning


At Kate Says Stuff and I am running late, again!


MORNING
Flickering eyelids, muffled voices, a cold chill creeps into the warmth as half of the bed empties.

"Noo, not yet, just a few more minutes"  I will the daylight to hold off just a little longer, for the clock to stop ticking, the world to stop turning.

In half an hour from now I will drag myself out of my nest of warmth and begin the day.

Within mere moments orders are given, and arguments break out.

"What do you want on your sandwich for lunch? What fruit would you like to take? Have you got your shoes on?  Find your shoes!  Have you got your shoes on?  Please FIND YOUR SHOES!  Have you got your..."

Drop everything and find some shoes!

"Have you got your shoes on?  alright, here is your lunch and drink bottle, can you put them in your bags please?  Is there time for breakfast?"

" No!"

Another day of Nutella sandwiches eaten on the way to the bus.

"Bags on it is time to go,"

"I want to be driven to school"

"Not this morning, I will pick you up after school today though."

"Then I am not going, I don't want a mum anymore!"

"You have to go, if you don't go on this bus now, I wont pick you up after school." 

They walk out the door, shoulders hunched with tears in his eyes, my boy makes his way to the end of the driveway to catch the bus.

8am, The house grows silent, I make myself a cup of tea.

"I am hungry" 

The youngest has found her voice.  Another Nutella sandwich...

"I am thirsty"

I make her a warm drink of chocolate

The phone rings.

"Good Morning" I say cheerily.

No comments:

Post a Comment